1. How to submit my research paper? What’s the process of publication of my paper?
The journal receives submitted manuscripts via email only. Please submit your research paper in .doc or.pdf format to the submission email: ijlbpr@ejournal.net.
You’ll be given a paper number if your submission is successful. Your paper then will undergo peer review process, which may take approximately one and a half months under normal circumstances, three tops.
After blind peer review, you will receive the notification letter with the review result of your paper...
2. Can I submit an abstract?
The journal publishes full research papers. So only full paper submission should be [Read More]

Morbidity Pattern among Elderly in Urban Field Practice Area at Ashok Nagar, Belgaum, Karnataka: A Community Based Cross-Sectional Study

Rajesh R Kulkarni
Department of Community Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Nehru Nagar, Belgaum - 590 010, Karnataka, India
Abstract—Background and aims: “Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is youth of old age.”- a French phrase meaning that natural process of waxing and waning of the body ageing which start at very young age but is visible only in old age. At present geriatrics has not been fully established as a specialty in India and there is little information about the morbidity pattern of the elderly to form the basis of any meaningful plan of action to improve the quality of life of this section of the population. Hence the present study was done. Methods and Material: The study was conducted in the Urban Health Centre, Ashok Nagar, Belgaum from October 2012 to December 2012. All elderly aged 60 years and above, who have attended the Out-Patient Department, were included in the study after obtaining an informed consent. A detailed history taking and examination was done to know the morbidity pattern among elderly participants. Statistical analysis was done by tables and charts in percentage. Results: Among the study participant 110(61.1%) were elderly male and remaining 70(38.9%) were females. In the present study 38.2% of female elderly were obese or overweight in comparison with 19.8% of the males. Among 180 elderly participant 72(40%) had morbidities associated with musculoskeletal system which was predominant health problem. Other health problems detected were 54(30%) anaemic, 36(20%) hypertensive, 36(20%) visually impaired, 33(18%) diabetic and 14(8%) had bronchial asthma. Conclusion: There is need to develop geriatric health care services, regular health check up, social support by people and proper implementation of geriatric related legislation by government. 

Index Terms—morbidity pattern, elderly population

Cite: Rajesh R Kulkarni, "Morbidity Pattern among Elderly in Urban Field Practice Area at Ashok Nagar, Belgaum, Karnataka: A Community Based Cross-Sectional Study," International Journal of Life Sciences Biotechnology and Pharma Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 93-97, January 2014.
Copyright © 2012-2015 International Journal of Life Sciences Biotechnology and Pharma Research, All Rights Reserved